Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Hearts and Flowers at Try it on Tuesday



Hello.....slightly late as I didn't realise I hadn't organised this post as is usual with DT work,  I've had such a horrible cold and haven't even looked at my blog for almost 2 weeks, but I'm here now to tell you about the latest challenge at Try it on Tuesday which is, yes, you've guessed... Hearts and Flowers.

Fortunately my DT piece was made a few weeks ago.
I've had these little wooden hearts for a couple of years, so as part of the 'intention' of using up stashed away items, this one got a make over.
Gesso, embossing paste through  a script stencil and then a coat of Antique Linen Distress paint. When it was dry I used my finger with PaperAtsy Fresco Finish in Taupe to distress.
My little bouquet  was made with the Tiny Tattered Florals.
The rest of the DT have some wonderful inspiration for you, so please pop over to the main blog for all the details.

Thanks for visiting and I'll to catch up with you but first of all I must find Mr Mojo, haven't seen him since this cold arrived - wonder if he's gone into hibernation!!

Avril xx

19 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

This is gorgeously pretty Avril. I hope that you're feeling much better very soon. Nicola x

chrissie said...

So sorry to hear that you still aren't well Avril--hope you pick up soon though the dark damp weather isn't any help at all.

This is a stunning Hearts and Flowers piece.

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your heart is gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Avril, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a bad cold and I hope that you'll be feeling soon. Your heart is simply beautiful. I like the text in the background and the flowers look fabulous, it will grace any room. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Avril!! I love the texture and the beautiful flowers!! What a stunning work of art!! I hope you are feeling much better soon :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Margik said...

Love your lovely heart, the flowers and texture are fabulous!
Mar xx

Meggymay said...

Its a really gorgeous hanging Avril. I hope you are feeling a bit better and that Mr Mojo comes back home soon.
Take care
Yvonne xx

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the colours and pretty flowers!
Lucy x

Little Artbee said...

Hello Avril!
When I saw your nice heart the old song "Papaer Roses" came into my mind.
The flower bouquet looks wonderful on this nice heart.
Have a nice week.
Hugs
Sabine

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Avril I do hope your cold gets better soon - they do seem to be hanging around for much longer this year! I love your heart and flowers - the textured script looks fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful piece. I love how you made the heart in white. The flowers really pop on it. Glad you're feeling better. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a beautiful decoration Avril!
Great project!
oxo Susi

Lula said...

Love your heart Avril- classy and elegant!
Get well soon!
Warm hugs from Lula

Judith said...

Aw sorry you've been caught by the lurgy Avril, hope you feel better soon. I love this little heart, so pretty hugs Judith x

aussie aNNie said...

Just saw this on the blog Avril, love everything about this gorgeous heart.x{aNNie}

Janette said...

Right up my street Avril, gorgeous, gorgeous work...xxx

Pia S said...

Nice embossed effect with the use of embossing paste and you've given this piece a beautiful aged look. A pretty multipurpose item.

sarascloset said...

Oh, dear! I just left a long comment, but Blogger stashed it! I'm sorry you have been feeling so poorly and I hope you are soon back to 100%! Your heart wall hanging is gorgeous! I loved the scripty background and the flowers are amazing! So much work went into this beautiful piece! Sending hugs!

Sandy said...

gorgeous piece - your flowers are outstanding!!! Beautifully done Avril. I hope your cold is getting better - it seems as if I read somewhere that it should last a week to 10 days.
Sandy xx