Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Read All About It!



Hello, and thanks for your visit today,  I don't make many 'male' cards, but after inking up the 'girls' from  Artistic Outpost  Paperboy stamps, I thought it was time to ink up this cheeky little chap.  I used Potting Soil  Archival and Blueprint Sketch DI for his jumper, I've also inked the text stamp for the background, but it seems to have got lost under a scrap of vintage newspaper! that I've been hording for a while.   The sentiment was inked in Blueprint sketch and heat set before being cut apart, it's from the same set of stamps.
I am entering this at:
   Artistic Outpost's Show us your Art for Feb
   Country View Crafts - Make your own Background
   Love to Create  - Anything Goes Mixed Media challenge 3
   Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
               
That's it for now
Avril xx

19 comments:

brenda said...

I'm the same with make cards Avril, it's definitely only a need to bases, but I think this one is great and would work for young and old alike.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamps. Hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant designed creation...fabulous colours and image. Love the sentiment too Avril....xx
 {aNNie}

sirkkis said...

Love this tender touch of vintage art, Avril.
Hugs ♥

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Avril. I love the tickets you tucked underneath the main image, great detail. hugs :)

Sandy said...

I am hooked right now on mysteries by Anne Perry that take place in the 1800's with London as the backdrop. Your delightful card has the same feel and mood as her books. I might be the hero in my own story but I have to say - I sure do love Monk and Hester!
Sandy xx

sally said...

I'm pretty bad at the male card making lark too! In fact it's been ages since I made any cards other than Christmas ones :-/. This little chap looks quite splendid

Sally

Pia S said...

I saw this set in an online store today and recognized it from your blog. Very tempted to go and buy it but trying hard to only look, not buy, so that I can use more of what's already in my stash. Love this though and how you've combined many of the stamps from the set and making it all so masculine.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic vintage look and a super male card Avril.
Yvonne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous card Avril, using one of my all time favourite Artistic Outpost stamps, love the vintage colours, a great male card!

Judith said...

This is fab Avril - such a perfect male card!- i love that brick effect, it's so real that it jumps off the page hugs Judith x

Joan said...

Oh I love the paperboy set Avril and your card is fabulous. Love the brick embossing and the use of the newsprint

Joan

Anonymous said...

A fabulous vintage card.
Such great stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

chrissie said...

Terrific card Avril with inspiring ideas

Love Chrissie xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This boy is amazing! What a delightful collage!

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful card Avril! Lovely!
oxo
Susi

Words and Pictures said...

I've really been enjoying your PaperBoy creations, Avril - I must get that stamp set out when I get home. I love the use of colour here which makes him pop against the vintage sepia background, and those bricks are brilliant.
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is fabulous Avril! How clever of you to match the text to his jumper! Hugs, Chrisx

Tracy said...

Fab masculine creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x