Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Nicecrane Butterflies

Hi and thanks for taking time to visit today, because if you're like me, time is often short, so much so that this card wasn't finished on time to be some mid challenge inspiration for the challenge at TioT which is 'Things with Wings'.
I have used a Nicecrane image 'Colourful Spring Butterflies' which was printed onto some Linen card, and also some Vellum.  These butterflies are so pretty and colourful, but I wanted a muted vintage look, so everything has been shaded with Vintage Photo distress ink, and then because I also wanted it to be feminine, I added Tattered rose to the edges.  My butterflies were fussy cut from the vellum, and before adding these I 3rd generation stamped with a script stamp over the image. in Frayed burlap.  My background layers are stamped with the same ink.  I dyed some vintage seam binding with Tattered Rose to complete the feminine touch.
I am entering this at:
  Make my Monday - Butterflies
  Ooh-La-La - Vintage

That's it for now,   hope you're all having a good week.
Avril xx



20 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautiful way of using this lovely image Avril. Jenny x

sally said...

Love the images!

Sally

Terry said...

Pretty, pretty layers! I love how delicate this is and those butterflies! Love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous piece, lovely butterflies.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Avril - the techniques you used on the butterflies is so effective. Love the distressed vintage look. Sylvia xx

Meggymay said...

Love how the butterflies look as if they are flying from the page. Its a gorgeous card.
Yvonne x

Rita said...

Wonderful card Avril. I do love butterflies. Hugs Rita xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous card Avril, love the layers and such a great way to use the images!! Love this!

Christine L said...

My goodness.... those butterflies look real! This is more like a 'you' card... or at least the type I associate with your style... and it's fabulous... as always!

Hugs
Christine x

Joan said...

A. Lovely feminine vintage card Avril, love all the layers,the delicate colours and the gorgeous butterflies

Pia S said...

This is so beautiful, Avril! Love your idea of adding the fussy cut vellum printed ones for a 3d effect, and your stamping and inking contribute to giving this design a wonderful vintage look.

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Avril, love your idea to get this stunnign 3D effect on my butterflies,,,,,,you are rock , my friend,,,,,,,Horayyyyy for Avril.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks so much for playing along this week at MMM - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such gorgeous butterflies.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

Michelle J M said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful vintage card with us at Ooh La La Creations. I love the way you have aged it with inks. Michelle x

Julia said...

Gorgeous details.

Julia said...

Gorgeous details.

Sandy said...

So very beautiful Avril!
Sandy xx

Words and Pictures said...

The butterflies look absolutely stunning, Avril, and the layered shabby papers are a gorgeous setting. Fabulous card - a new favourite here for me!
Alison xx

Linda said...

Beautiful image .... love the vintage look. xx